The Programme Manager is responsible for the oversight of multiple streams of change, acting on behalf of the key product stakeholders and sponsors. The role requires effective co-ordination of the programmes projects and management of their inter-dependencies, including the oversight of any risks and issues arising. It also includes the co-ordination of new capabilities in the team to enable effective change to achieve project success.
The role is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum. The programme manager is responsible for the overall integrity and confidence of the programme of works and so they will develop and maintain the programme environment to support each individual project within it. This role will therefore include line management of Digital Project Managers to co-ordinate the successful delivery of multiple project streams to support the overall vision and strategy.
- Planning and designing the programmes of work and proactively monitoring their progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the programmes governance arrangement
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programs and corporate, technical and specialist standards.
- Managing the programme’s budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance.
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme’s individual projects
- Managing third party contributions to the programme
- Managing communications with stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the programme’s successful outcome
- Working with the key stakeholders and sponsors to manage the transitions to the new business processes resulting from software delivery
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Head of Technology and project sponsors
- Maintaining and flexing a viable portfolio of projects that will deliver the business benefits
- Employ a range of coaching and mentoring styles to support Project Managers and key business resource whilst delivering the programme of projects
The individual appointed as programme manager must have the necessary seniority to be able to take on the responsibilities associated with the role. The balance of skills required of a programme manager often changes as the programme develops. The person with the skills to identify or define the programme may not necessarily be the right person to drive through its implementation. It is important therefore that the individual appointed is an effective leader and able to identify and delegate responsibility to the right team members.
The programme manager should have:
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Sound business case development and approvals skills
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
THE ALLSAINTS STORY
Founded in 1994, AllSaints has built an international team that includes some of the best global creative talent, imbued with a winning combination of business and design thinking.
The brand’s constant obsession is to deliver an immersive experience to our international customer base
in a way that embraces each unique culture. AllSaints is proud of the fact that every aspect of the brand is curated in-house, from store design and construction to the East London based coding team, making AllSaints a truly agile business working with pace and integrity.
We recruit the best digital creative innovators and design thinkers across the globe to spread the AllSaints message of integrity and sophistication. Our People are the ambassadors for our brand.
We look for individuality, confidence and attitude when we recruit, we seek people who disrupt the norm, push boundaries and are collaborative in their approach. They act with honesty and humility and treat those around them with respect. Our people are able to bring others with them and are the best in what they do.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE TEAM
Career development. Your career matters to us and we will do what it takes to help you on your journey in life. You’ll have to challenge yourself and your leadership. The opportunities will be there. You will need to know what to do to take them.
In addition to this we offer competitive pay and benefits package that includes an amazing employee uniform allowance and discount.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we very much look forward to hearing from you.